Saturday, April 28, 2012

Bracelets!

Well, I never thought I would be saying this, but I love making bracelets!  Bracelets have some unique characteristics and potential that allows for designs that cannot be implemented in a necklace.  And, while a bracelet can be pretty gutsy and make quite a strong statement, they are a more subtle expression of taste and personality - because they usually aren't seen right away, at first glance, like a necklace is.  Additionally, while a bracelet can be bold and outspoken, there is less of it so it speaks more quietly than a necklace.  For people who like jewelry but who don't like to stand out, a bracelet is perfect!

From my perspective, the designer's view: bracelets take fewer beads and other materials and therefore areis less expensive and less time consuming to make than necklaces.  So far I have used only leftovers or beads already on hand and other on-hand materials to make all of my bracelets.  However now that I am so fond of making them I will more than likely actually purchase beads and findings specifically for bracelets.  Pictures will be forthcoming!

No comments:

Post a Comment