Thursday, July 12, 2012

Go West, (old?) Woman!

About as far west as one can go and still be grounded in the continental US - San Diego here I come!  My youngest daughter, a US Marine Corporal, is stationed there, and will be driving with me back to Ohio.  Since much of my  jewelry is Native-American and Southwest-inspired, I am really looking forward to seeing the jewelry designs of the local shops and getting even more inspired!  I have been wanting to do such a trip for as long as I can recall and can hardly believe the day is almost here!

This summer has been so hot (my "studio" is on the 2nd floor of my non-air-conditioned home) so I have slowed down on my creations somewhat.  I have also been working at the family business, Three Sisters Basket Co., LLC, in Wilmot, OH quite a bit, and spending much time watering my struggling flower beds!

Hopefully when I return from my trip I will have a few bag-fulls of beads and materials and lots if ideas to brew up some new pieces, and take the upcoming shows I will be attending by storm!

No comments:

Post a Comment